Monday, October 26, 2015

Goodbye, Snowflake

After awhile, you run out of things to say to adequately describe your sadness, disappointment and pain. After awhile, there are no more words.

Goodbye, sweet Snowflake. We so yearned to know you, to love you. There is an emptiness in our hearts that aches with every beat. 


2 comments:

  1. My sweet daughter, you and J have been through so much in the years you have been together, many wonderful and loving times as well more than your share of sadness! You summed it up in what you wrote here. However, as difficult and disappointing as life can be, there is always hope and tomorrow with more hope for your dreams. In times of sadness and heartbreak, mere words don't take away the broken dreams, but please try to keep in mind, that it is okay to feel heartache and the pain that comes with it. This life can feel so cruel at times, but it is also beautiful as you well know. Dreams are broken all the time, unfortunately. Dreams and hope and the tomorrows of the future must be held on to. Again, as Grandma Lorraine use to say, "If it's meant to be, it will be". She was right! She too had her own heartbreaks and disappointments as we all do. Trust in yourself, and never give up! I know these are words that have been repeated way too many times, but being your dad, I feel it necessary to try in any way I can not only to be silent when appropriate, but to be encouraging the best way I know how. I know when things look almost impossible it may seem equally impossible to look beyond that, and that is normal. Give yourself your time to be sad, and then look forward to the beautiful parts of what you have right now. Easier said than done, but I say all of this out of my love for you as I always will!

    ReplyDelete