Despite driving in horrible weather, my appointment yesterday went great and I am relieved to finally have good news to share! My uterine lining has reached its goal of 8 mm or more (it was 8.12 mm, to be exact) so we are ready to rock-n-roll! Our FET will be on Tuesday, November 24. Transfer time will be assigned this coming Sunday.
We're getting excited! Since J has Thanksgiving break next week, he will be able to go with me (hooray!!) and because of the timing of this FET, I will have six full days off in a row: taking two days off of work for the transfer (not thrilled about taking more PTO, but whatever) plus Thanksgiving and Black Friday are campus-wide holidays so I get those two days off automatically as paid holidays. And, those four days lead up to a weekend so there you go! We have friends staying with us for a few days beginning the evening of the 25th so all in all, the timing has worked out okay, thank goodness. I will be ready to cook up a storm come Thursday!
My ultrasound tech, Brittany, is so sweet and I was talking to her about how frustrated I've been with this whole cycle. She listened as she worked and then spoke these lovely words of wisdom, which will help carry me through the next few weeks: "I say, embrace the differences! Your prior two cycles may have been "easy" in comparison but they didn't give us the results we were hoping for, so who knows, maybe there's a reason." Wise words, Brittany, wise words indeed.
Obviously, she's not psychic. She doesn't know any more than we do how this cycle will turn out. No one does. This cycle could end up like the last two, or it could be THE ONE. We just don't know and we won't know until beta day (which, incidentally, will be December 7). All we can do is follow the doctor's orders and continue to hope for the best. And hold on to unexpected bits of positivity that have the power to alter our perspective, such as "embrace the differences." I can assure you this will become our new mantra.
We start progesterone shots tonight and the steroid and antibiotic regimen begins tomorrow. Here we go!

Woo hoo!!!! Go lining!!!! That's a great number. :) And power to Britney. She knows he right words to say. And she completely right.
ReplyDeleteSuch wonderful news! Like you said, "full steam ahead"! Keeping you in our positive thoughts and loving prayers for the very best outcome!! Love coming from both me and John!!!
ReplyDelete