Sunday, March 6, 2016

Luck of the Irish? : Beginning of Fresh IVF Round #2 / IVF Cycle #4

In the months leading up to starting our IVF journey last May, I read blog after blog written by women who had undergone the process. Some were success stories, others were not. But one thing I found consistent in all of them was this: expect the unexpected. Unforeseen circumstances go hand-in-hand with infertility treatment in general, but especially with IVF. Our situation is no different. On Friday, we were almost 100% certain we'd have to delay until May. I was distraught and so frustrated. But by 7pm that very same evening, we were thrown for a loop again. I stretched and something in my back popped - and then I was fine. No more urination issues, just like that. I'm a firm believer in chiropractic care but this was obviously out of the norm. Cautiously optimistic, we proceeded to my 10:45 a.m. ultrasound appointment yesterday morning and we were met with positive news: ovaries and uterus look great. I submitted a urine sample and we made the 1.5 hr drive back home. Still no bladder issues. I woke up this morning after sleeping through the night without getting up to use the bathroom - a first in I don't know how long (because it's normal for me to get up once to pee). Then the clinic called to tell me that my urine specimen was negative for infection and if we chose to proceed, there was no medical reason for us to delay starting this cycle. So, long story short, we are BACK ON TRACK!! I am feeling just fine and we will begin injections TONIGHT: 75 iu of Menopur, 75 iu of Follistim. Repeat for 4 nights, first follicle check ultrasound is next Thursday at 8:30am. Holy crap, here we go...

May the luck 'o the Irish be with us this month!! (Hey, I'm at least a 1/4 Irish, so I can claim it, right?! And at this point, I'll take what I can get!)


1 comment:

  1. Lord knows I have plenty of the Irish luck to pass around so I'm sending it your way!!!! Such a great outcome for the weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete